Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ghost lovers love FASHION TOO



Handmade Jewelry

This is a very interesting and steam punk influenced collection created by an artisan from artfire and on of my recycled suitcases was featured .I thought it has an eerie fear and wanted to share it. For those of you who have heard of STEAM PUNK but arnt really sure what it is, I thought I would define it, it is a sub-genre of science fiction, alternate history, and speculative fiction that came into prominence during the 1980s and early 1990s. it also involves an era where steam power is still used such as in the 19th century or Victorian era Britain—that incorporates prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy.

Because of the popularity of steampunk with goths, punks, cybergoths, industrial music fans, gamers, and geeks, there is a growing movement towards establishing steampunk as a culture and lifestyle.

To get a real feel for the fashion and what not I suggest that you watch a movie, and the best has to be The city of lost children released in 1995.
He sure has a Mayan profile




It is very popular with jewelers and other artisans right now and I took my hand at it with my creation of this case . It is dark , mechanical and very futuristic with the slant on mad max way of our future days, everything is pretty bleak. I created this case with two aims in mind, steam punk , and halloween , see how it fits into both rather well? Lets face it, steam punk is spooky and scary, if we saw a ghost dresses in some of these horrors, what would we think?

2 comments:

  1. thanks for showing me and telling me what in earth steam punk is, never thought I'd see on a ghost site ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like the collection. Your suitcases and bags are beautiful, so I was happy to feature this one. :)

    I was coming at it more from an early 90s goth/club kid POV, but it all works pretty well together, I think.

    Even now, in the '10s, The Cure's stuff from back then is still some of my favorite music. :)

    Jen M.
    JenniferLynn Productions, LLC

    ReplyDelete


Find the best Haunted houses

Find the best Haunted houses
Haunt world.com